Six to twelve months before
• Select a wedding date and time
• Make a preliminary budget
• Announce your engagement in the newspaper
• Determine your wedding theme or style
• Reserve your ceremony and reception location – Rosewood--: Email Us
• Select your attendants
• Decide on your color scheme
• Start compiling names and addresses of guests
• Select a photographer and videographer
• Select a florist
• Start shopping for Bridal dress and bridesmaids dresses
Four months before
• Make final arrangements for ceremony and reception
• Have your engagement portraits taken
• Make sure all bridal attire is ordered
• Have mothers coordinate and select their clothing
• Register at a bridal registry
• Order invitations and personal stationary
• Complete guest list and compile them in order
• Check requirements for blood test and marriage license
• Make any physicians appointments
• Start planning the honeymoon
Two months before
• Make appointment with wedding director
• Finalize details with officiant
• Choose music and make final adjustments to ceremony procession
• Give Rosewood the name of your contact person that will handle guest book, favors, gifts, etc.
• Address invitations and announcements. (They should be mailed four to six weeks before wedding)
• Finalize all details with Rosewood, photographer, florist and videographer
• Let your florist and photographer know Rosewood will be open three hours prior to event for deliveries.
• Make rehearsal arrangements and plan rehearsal dinner. You may rehearse at Rosewood on Fridays.
• Plan bridesmaids luncheon
• Make appointments with hairdresser
• Finalize honeymoon plans.
One month before
• Have final fitting for your gown and attendants gowns.
• Have your formal bridal portrait taken.
• Get blood test and marriage license.
• Purchase gifts for attendants.
• Purchase gift for fiancé, if gifts are being exchanged.
• Make sure you have all accessories (toasting goblets, ring pillow, garter, unity candles, etc.
Three weeks before
• Make sure balance is paid in full to Rosewood.
• Attend to business and legal details
• Get forms to change names on social security card, drivers license, insurance and medical plans, bank accounts, etc
Two weeks before
• Prepare wedding announcement to be sent to newspaper.
• Confirm accommodations for out of town guests
• Arrange to have possessions and gifts moved to your new home.
• Give a change of address card to the post office.
• Contact guests who have not responded (if RSVP was requested)
• Give photographer a list of photos you want taken
• Give videographer a list of shots you want included in the video
• Give all musicians and or DJ the list of music for the ceremony and reception
• Make sure you have marriage license
• Make sure you have wedding rings and they fit.
• Make sure all wedding attire is picked up and fits properly.
One week before
• Hold bridesmaids luncheon.
• Review details of your wedding with wedding director
• Make out all checks for officiant, musicians, etc and put in envelopes to be given out on the wedding day.
• Give Rosewood a self-addressed envelope for the return of damage deposit.
• Arrange for someone to assist with last minute errands and help you dress.
• Practice having your hair and makeup done in the same type of lighting you will have on the wedding day
• Catch up writing thank you notes for gifts you have received.
• Pack your suitcases for your honeymoon.
• E-mail map and driving directions to all attendants for rehearsal
One day before
• Attend rehearsal and dinner.
• Make sure all attendants bring wedding attire to Rosewood.
• Make sure Rosewood has all CD’s to be played during event for background music.
• Remain calm and enjoy yourself
• Stay with your family tonight.
• Go to bed early. You will want to look and feel great tomorrow.
!!!Your Wedding Day!!!
• Be sure to eat something
• Take a nice, relaxing bath
• Have hair done at least 4 hours before ceremony time
• Get all accessories together and head to Rosewood
• Make sure checks are distributed to officiant, musicians, etc. (Rosewood staff can do this for you)
• Bring CD’s of favorite music to listen to in Bridal House while waiting.
• Start dressing one hour before picture time.
• Step out the door toward your new life and have a wonderful wedding day!!